The Middle Eastern Coffee Pot (ibrik) was designed originally for the brewing of coffee in the desert in hot sand - You can use a gas or electric stove and achieve the same delicious result.
Size: 4 inches high.
Made in Israel.
Brass with a tinned inner and a wooden handle with hook.
How to make Turkish coffee.
1) Place about one heaped teaspoon (5 g - 1/6 oz) of ground coffee beans per quarter cup (60 ml/ 2.02 fl. oz) of coffee into the ibrik.
2) Add sugar to your taste and a Turkish coffee cup (fincan) of cold water for each cup of coffee you're making.
3) Mix well with a fork like beating an egg.
4) Place the coffee pot over low heat. Slowly bring the mixture to a boil. Do not stir. The slower the heat, the better the coffee will taste.
4) Watching for the froth to start to bubble (boiling point), transfer the froth as it develops into the cups with a small spoon. Then, as the froth comes up to the edge of your pot, remove the pot from the heat and pour the coffee, muddy grounds and all, into Turkish coffee cups.
5) Sit back and enjoy!
Shop in Jerusalem for unique gifts direct from the Holy Land.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: $79.95
Special Price $64.95
Regular Price: $45.95
Special Price $34.95